COPPERMINE LACROSSE CLUB COACHES
Deanna Blood Sandstrom
Director and Coach
• 20+ years- Coaching Youth, High School, and Collegiate Women’s Lacrosse
• 15+ years- Directing Youth and High School Camps and Clinics for Players, Coaches, and Officials
• University of Denver: Developed the Division I Women’s Lacrosse program from Club and Division II-1994-2000
• One of the US National Teams Selection Coaches 1999
• Member of D I National Collegiate Ranking Committee 1998-2000
• Penn State: National Championship Team Member 1989, First Team All American and Team Captain 1992.
• Dulaney High School: 4X All Metro Lacrosse and High School All American 1988, 3X All Metro Field Hockey and Basketball. State Champions 1988.
• Dulaney High School Original Hall of Fame Inductee 2003
• Inducted into the Greater Baltimore Chapter of the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame 2014
• Dulaney HS Varsity 4 year starter, captain senior year, State Champion 2005
• Club Lacrosse for 6 years for ROME
• Named to the High School Tewaaraton Trophy watch list
• Named to the Mid Atlantic Regional team in 2004
• Recruited to play Midfield/Defense at Rutgers University
• Assistant coach for Towson University Club (WLCA) Women’s, with team placing 2nd at Nationals
• Administrative Manager for Coppermine Lacrosse Club
• Played club with NEMS for 5 years.
• 4 year Varsity player at North Harford High. Captain for 2 years
• Played 4 years at Hofstra University. Regional Champions (2014-2015 season).
• Nominated Rookie Player of the Year Hofstra (2014-2015 season).
• Coached for NEMS 2018 for 2 seasons.
• Coached for Long Island Top Guns 2021 for 1 season.
Kristen Handy (Kreese)
• Calvert School, soccer, basketball, lacrosse coach, Baltimore, MD, 2015-present
• Convent of the Sacred Heart, Varsity Lacrosse Assistant Coach, Greenwich, CT, 2012
• Women’s JV Lacrosse Head Coach, Severna Park High School, Maryland, 2011
• Cornell University Varsity Women’s Lacrosse Team, Goalie, 2006-2010
• Awarded Cornell Lacrosse Defensive Player of the Year, Ranked in the top 10 all-time at Cornell in saves per game, wins, goals against average and save percentage”, 2009
• Named National Defensive Player of the Week by womenslacrosse.com, Twice awarded Ivy League Defensive Player of the Week, 2009
• Woodberry Forest School Varsity/All State/All Prep/Team Member
• Defender Denison University Two Time All American 91′-95′
• Four Time All Conference
• Played club for Skywalkers for 6 years
• 4 year varsity lacrosse player at North Harford High School, captain for 2 years
• Played 4 years at Hofstra University, third in points sophomore and junior year
• Coached for Long Island Top Guns for 3 years
• Loch Raven High School 4 Year Varsity Team Member
• Midfielder for UMBC ’94-’98
• Holds School Single Season Scoring Record
• NEC Player of the Year
• Have Coached Girls Lacrosse for over 8 years
• Played Goalie for 4 years at Salisbury University
• 2 Time D III National Champion at Salisbury University
• Played Goalie for 4 years at North Harford High School
• 1990 State Champion at North Harford High School